Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday Nights in Kandahar

I must admit that life in Kandahar is not that bad, nonetheless the occasional "coming to Jesus moments" "Holy crap" we are at war and I am in the middle of it! It is very difficult from watching 5 o'clock news regarding what happened in Afghanistan today, on CNN, MSNBC, etc. Nevertheless, We keep marching along. Times continues.

Friday nights are not bad, the local American dining facility (DFAC)prepares steak, fried shrimp, crab cakes, etc. The best way to describe this is...A Ryan's steak house with dirt floors. More later off to work..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lucky you get all of that good food! How bout you put some in a box and send me some. My mom is making me eat gross cabbage!! Peace! TTYL

Tristan

Reverend Blogger said...

Yes Friday evenings are great,they save the best for end of the week. Bon Appetite! I learned early on not to trust what the talking heads of the major networks said or showed. They're pursuing higher ratings than the competition. I'd rather have eyewitness accounts for our brave men and women in uniform. Take Care and have a good day. Love ya!

HeatedBlogger said...

Tristan! The food is on its way!! Thanks my little brother!

Anonymous said...

"Man has lost one quality, the quality of zestfulness. And without zest what is life?" Rob I'm so proud of you and your willingness to invite us in your world, a world i cant imagine being in. So please continue your blogs because i will be an avid reader. I miss you thoroughly, can't wait to hear from you (blogs) and see you again.

imparare l'italiano
te amo!

Anonymous said...

A song per te

James Blunt con Laura Pausini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wELimmLWyyo

Amo questa canzone!!!